If you've been in a class with Simone, one of our lovely clients, you may have had one (or two, or three) of her delicious peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, which, lucky for us all, she brings to the studio often. We're so happy she wanted to share her delicious recipe for our "Cooking With!" series with the Studio B community. These are so easy to make and a sweet treat for after class!
4 cups (or 1kg jar) of peanut butter (any kind)
2 cups of brown sugar
2 cups of chocolate chips
1. Mix the peanut butter and sugar together until smooth.
2. Add the eggs and stir until mixture is stiff or firm enough to roll into balls. Add in the chocolate chips.
3. Roll into balls then place them on an un-greased cookie sheet. Flatten with fork. Cookies will spread a little during baking.
4. Bake in preheated 325F oven on the middle rack for 12-15 minutes, or until golden and firm. (Careful not to over-bake or the bottoms will burn.) Let cookies cool completely before removing from cookie sheets.
5. Store in airtight containers in the fridge or freezer.
Cookies can be made with or without the chocolate chips. Other types of nut butters (almond, cashew, etc), different sweeteners (white sugar, honey, maple syrup, etc), and other add-ins (raisins or dried cranberries, chopped dried fruit, chopped nuts) can easily be substituted. This recipe can easily be halved or doubled. Enjoy!