Christmas Baking Recipes From Our Instructors!
There are only 6 days left until Santa makes his appearance and if you're looking for a few great Christmas baking recipe ideas for holiday parties (or to leave out for Saint Nick!) we have three yummy options for you from SOAR instructor Lena and barre instructors Jaime and Emily!
Lena and her son Mason (or should I say BATMAN?!) love making Christmas Chocolate Chip cookies. Scroll down for the easy and delicious recipe!
LENA'S QUICK & EASY CHRISTMAS CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- 2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1 cup of butter, softened
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 2/3 cups of holiday chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
3. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
5. Stir in 1 cup of chocolate chips.
6. Drop dough by rounded tablespoon onto un-greased baking sheets. Top with the rest of the chocolate chips.
7. Bake for 11 to 13 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets on wire racks for 2 minutes then remove from racks to cool completely.
JAIME'S MELT-IN-YOUR-MOUTH SHORTBREAD
- 1 cup of butter
- 1/2 cup of confectioners sugar
- 1/4 cup of corn starch
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Whip butter with an electric mixer until fluffy. Stir in the confectioners sugar, corn starch and flour. Beat on low for one minute, then on high for 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Drop cookies by spoonfuls 2 inches apart on an un-greased cookie sheet.
4. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Watch that the edges don't brown too much. Cool on wire racks.
Feel free to add sprinkles on top!
EMILY'S CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT COOKIES
photo via ambitious kitchen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar